The Group of the Party of European Socialists (PES Group) in the Committee of the Regions maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its initiatives and European Union policies in general. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
However the PES Group in the Committee of the Regions accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the PES Group has no control and for which the PES Group assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available on-line exactly reproduces an officially adopted text. Only European Union legislation published in paper editions of the Official Journal of the European Union is deemed authentic. It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The PES Group in the Committee of the Regions accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites. This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of the PES Group in the Committee of the Regions in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
© Group of the Party of European Socialists, Committee of the Regions, European Communities, 1995-2010
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.
Personal Data Protection
The European Union is committed to user privacy. The policy on "protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions" is based on Regulation (EC) N? 45/2001of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000.
In accordance to this policy, any personal data collected by the Secretariat of the PES Group in the Committee of the Regions will only be used for the sole purpose of ensuring the good functioning of the PES Group and of its Secretariat. These data will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose.
The PES Group in the Committee of the Regions will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients.
The PES Group in the Committee of the Regions only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing;
As a data subject, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent.
The European Union's family of institutional Web Sites, within the euopa.eu domain, provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Information contained in a specific privacy statement
- What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means the PES Group collects personal information exclusively to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose;
- To whom your information is disclosed;
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent;
- How long your data is kept. The EU only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing;
- What are the security measures taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access;
- Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints;
- How do we treat e-mails you send us.
Many web pages on Europa have a "Contact" button, which activates your e-mail software and invites you to send your comments to a specific functional mailbox.
When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply.